[bksvol-discuss] Book Awards

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 09:23:46 -0500

Hi all:

Sorry for the cross post.

Some time ago there was a big discussion on the list about book awards.
Several lists of winners were generated in hopes that someday bookshare would
have all these books.  I noticed that on Jake's site there is a category called
awards.  But those awards I checked there were no records. I wonder if any one
still has those lists?

The reason for my post is that someone asked about the Golden Medallion award
for Romance which is now called the Rita Award. I have found a complete list of
the winners since 1982. It's a fairly long list. I can post it here if anyone
is interested, or I can send it privately.
Currently bookshare has 21 titles that have won this award. Here's the link
with the list of the titles.
http://www.jbrownell.com/bks/category.asp?id=27&sort=3

Happy reading.

*****