[bksvol-discuss] Re: Blank page labels

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 12:01:35 -0500

Hi Shelley!

It's not a dumb question, (smile).

If the page that is questionably blank is not after the end of a chapter or between sections of a book if there are any, then it is probably a picture. I have had OpenBook tell me there was a blank page when it was all a picture with no text.

You could ask someone sighted or call your library. My librarians have been very helpful when they have pulled books and answered my questions on them.

Debby

At 09:31 PM 6/18/2010, Shelley L. Rhodes wrote
Hi you all,

Got a dumb question for you all,

If I have no idea if the page is blank either because it doesn't have text, is blank because it is or has an illustration. What should I put.

In some books I can guess by the context that it is supposed to be an illustration, but in other books like the novel I am page numbering, and putting in chapter titles, I have no clue if the pages are blank intenttionally or have an illustration. I do know from reading context and reading through the book before moving on to adding page numbers that the book isn't missing any text.

What should I put

blank page, page is blank, illustration.

What should it be?

Remember I can't see the books I scan, haven't been able to read print for now going on ten years.

Smile.

And isn't it a wee bit ironic, that when we write "blank page" on a page, that it really isn't blank anymore, because it has well, the words "blank page on it".

Shelley L. Rhodes, VRT
and Ludden Black Labrador Guide Dog

The ultimate sense of security will be when we come to recognize that we are all part of one human race. Our primary allegiance is to the human race and not to one particular color or border. -Mohamed ElBaradei, Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (b. 1942)

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>