[bksvol-discuss] Re: Blank lines between dialogue

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:59:34 -0800

Netta, if I were proofing this book, I would remove the blank lines.  I
doubt that they are in the print text, but that is only a guess.

Have you turned on "Show all" to see if they are paragraph marks? If so,
they should have been removed when you did the previous removal.

"Show all" is control+shift+the number eight on the top row of the keyboard.

This command is useful in seeing some formatting, but it shows every space
as a bullet. I use it to see what character is used for a blank line and
sometimes if I am confused by something.

It is a toggle so use the same keystrokes to turn the thing off.

Lori C.