[bksvol-discuss] Blank lines between dialogue

  • From: "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 18:49:53 -0500

BlankHey guys;
In the book I am proofing, there are blank lines between dialogues of two
people. Like below:
Gurrll, guess what?" Shan was almost jumping up and down

she shouted at her best friend Brianna through the phone.

BLANK LINE

"Why are you screaming?" Brianna asked with obvious agitation.

BLANK LINE

"I got the job, girl! I got the J-mutha f***' O-B!"

So, my question is am I suppose to delete the blank lines between the
dialogues. I already did a global replace on the extra blank lines, I think.
I've haven't encountered this problem before (especially after I learned how to
delete the extra blank lines) so I am getting lost. Honestly, I'm thinking of
dumping this copy and starting over from my last document.

Any and all help would be helpful but I will wait to hear back from you guys
before I dump the copy and start over.

Thanks,

Netta

GIF image