[bksvol-discuss] Re: Blank lines after page numbers

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 21:37:10 -0400

#
Yes, if there is a blank line between the page number and the text the converter will delete it. As I understand it, though, we are supposed to place that blank line there anyway because it helps the converter to find the page number. I am not really sure what that means though. I don't know if that means that the converter will treat the page number like a part of the text or that it will delete it or what. I just know that we were instructed to add that blank line.
On 3/18/2013 9:28 PM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:
oh dear, then I'd better go back and change what I've done so far;
maybe I was doing  that and forgot;  But wait! I just checked recent
proofs that have been approved and added to the collection I have not
added a blank line between the page number and the text. I added one
after the last line of text before the page break and after the page
break before the next page number; then I hit return after the page
number and  put the first line of text right below the page number.
If there is a blank line between page number and text on the page
won't the converter delete it?I guess I won't go back and change the
books I'm in the midst of proofing until we hear from Madeleine. I'll
write and ask her to read the posts and weigh in on the issue.
Cindty

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Evan Reese <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A blank line consists of two hard returns, not just one. So to create a
blank line you need to have two consecutive hard returns.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cindy Rosenthal" <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>