[bksvol-discuss] Re: Blank line question

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:24:32 -0400

Try entering in the search field
^p^w^p^w^p
enter in the replace with field:
^p^p
choose replace all, and run that through until no matches are found.
The ^p represents your paragraph marker which is the most likely cause of the blank lines, while the ^w represents a wildcard for whitespace characters in case there are any spaces between paragraph markers.
You could just use:
^p^p^p
and
^p^p
but this wouldn't catch lines that have spaces, tabs, etc.
If you are only interested in getting rid of numerous blank lines at the end of the page and not anywhere else they may appear, tack a ^m onto the end of both the search, and the replace with strings. That is if you are using MS Word to validate your book, if not just disregard this as babble. I'd also recommend saving your work prior to trying any global replacements, or create a backup file, in case you don't like the results.

Dave

At 12:52 PM 3/11/2008, you wrote:
I'm validating a book that is really clean, as far as the scan. The only
problem is that, at the end of each page, right before the page break, there
are at least eight or nine blank lines. Is there a way I can get rid of
these, without taking them out manually? Perhaps a find and replace code or
something?

Shannon
We are wise, not because we are women, but because we seek wisdom.