[bksvol-discuss] Re: Blank Pages

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:23:35 -0400

Sharon,

The blank pages are caused by material exceeding the normal MSWord 8.5X11
page boundaries.  In this event, Word has hard and soft page breaks
following each other.

Try the following steps when you go into word.  This problem should be
resolved.  Make sure you save the file after following these steps.

1.  Open the file in question.

2.  Go to the File Menu (ALT+f).

3.  Arrow down to the "page setup" item or press U.

4.  In the resulting dialog, press CTRL+tab until you are in the "paper"
page of the options.

5.  Press the tab key until you are at the "paper size" drop down box.

6.  Hit the down arrow keys several times until you land at "custom."

7.  Press the tab key to get to "paper width."

8.  Type 8.5" in this box or pres the up and the down keys to increase the
paper width as you choose.

9.  Tab to the "paper length" box

10.  Here, by using the arrow keys or typing, choose a somewhat rediculous
number like 20".

11. Press the enter key to accept your changes.

12.  Another dialog will come up, depending on your Word version.  It will
ask you if you wish to fix your margins.  Choose "no."

13.  Save file.

This will resolve your problem

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Managing Director
CUNYAssistive Technology Services