[bksvol-discuss] Re: Best sellers that aren't making it into the collection

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:48:02 -0500

I have stayed out of this discussion until now.

Apparently the concern is one of two things.

One, somebody is concerned that a best seller will not be made available to us by a staff member based on that staff member's preferences thus meaning the book will never get into the collection through staff efforts.

I personally do not know if the staff have ever promised to take over scanning best sellers completely.

I do know that sometimes there is a delay in getting a book onto the system.

The second part of bookshare is the word "share". Certainly no book is ever disallowed from the system.

If somebody feels a best seller is being ignored or delayed, please post the specific name of that book onto the volunteer page. Perhaps somebody can scan it.

Please be patient with validators and submitters while we scan books and make sure of their quality before putting them onto the system for the general bookshare user.

Thank you for all sharing talents in making books possible for all of us through bookshare.

E.