[bksvol-discuss] Re: Best cookbooks How many does Bookshare have

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 02:31:10 -0500

Me too, Debby. I have. Tot be in the right mood with a big chunk of time to
spare to work on cookbooks. Rewarding when it's done but tedious while
you're doing it.

On ,  26, 2011, Debby Franson <the.. wrote:
> Hi Melissa and !
>
>        I searched for  the best cookbooks in the list from  link you
sent, and I didn't find any on Bookshare.

> Also, there is another thing there we can search on.
>
> It's called:
>
> Top 100 Cookbooks of the Last 25 Years
>
> I searched in:
>
> November 2011:
> GENERAL COOKBOOKS
>
> and didn't find any on Bookshare.
>
> From this November until November 2012, they are going to choose the best
cookbooks from the last 25 years.  Each month, there will be a different
category, with GENERAL COOKBOOKS being this month's category.

> Here is the link where all of the categories can be found that will be
rolled out when the time comes.

> http://www.mcintec.net/
>
> It will be fun to see what comes next.
>
> I enjoy working on cookbooks, but I'm slow at it, because I preproof my
scans and correct those pesky fractions and other scannos.  I'm working on
some of my cookbooks when I feel in the mood and have the time to do so.

> Debby
>
> At 11:58 AM 11/23/2011, Melissa Smith wrote
>>
>> I just found this list of the best cookbooks of the last 25 years, and
am thinking that any that are not on Bookshare would be nice additions. I'm
busy baking for Thanksgiving, so haven't had a chance to check which ones
are in the collection. I will when I get a chance, unless someone wants to
check it out before I get a chance.

http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking-101/resources/best-baking-books-00412000073648/page13.html

>> --
>> Melissa Smith
>
>                                --
>                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> --
> The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, But the mouth of fools
pours forth foolishness.
> Proverbs 15:2 NKJV
>
> "Teach me, and I will hold my tongue
> ; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.
> Job 6:24 NKJV

Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: If You Were Here - Jen Lancaster