[bksvol-discuss] Re: Best cookbooks How many does Bookshare have

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 11:13:11 -0600

Debby,
Thanks for taking the time to search. I didn't remember Bookshare having any of them. I have scanned a couple of cookbooks, but I don't have any way to check the fractions, accept to find a sighted person to check them for me. I don't mind scanning them, but I'd have to have a volunteer who could have a copy of the book to proof from. Cookbooks are definitely not something I would just put up for anyone to do.

Melissa Smith

On 11/26/2011 6:30 PM, Debby Franson wrote:
Hi Melissa and everyone!

I searched for the best cookbooks in the list from the link you sent, and I didn't find any on Bookshare.

Also, there is another thing there we can search on.

It's called:

Top 100 Cookbooks of the Last 25 Years

I searched in:

November 2011:
GENERAL COOKBOOKS

and didn't find any on Bookshare.

From this November until November 2012, they are going to choose the best cookbooks from the last 25 years. Each month, there will be a different category, with GENERAL COOKBOOKS being this month's category.

Here is the link where all of the categories can be found that will be rolled out when the time comes.

http://www.mcintec.net/

It will be fun to see what comes next.

I enjoy working on cookbooks, but I'm slow at it, because I preproof my scans and correct those pesky fractions and other scannos. I'm working on some of my cookbooks when I feel in the mood and have the time to do so.

Debby

At 11:58 AM 11/23/2011, Melissa Smith wrote
I just found this list of the best cookbooks of the last 25 years, and am thinking that any that are not on Bookshare would be nice additions. I'm busy baking for Thanksgiving, so haven't had a chance to check which ones are in the collection. I will when I get a chance, unless someone wants to check it out before I get a chance. http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking-101/resources/best-baking-books-00412000073648/page13.html

--
Melissa Smith

                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--
The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, But the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness.
Proverbs 15:2 NKJV

"Teach me, and I will hold my tongue
; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.
Job 6:24 NKJV