[bksvol-discuss] Behind the Door

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 18:56:51 -0800 (PST)

Sue,

Not Tom, but I just checked and it's on the
Administrator Approval list still--along with Brain
and The Last Express. We'll probably have to wait
until after the holiday for books to move off that
list. I wish there was some way we could help. When I
first joined as a volunteer, among the instructions
and choices of jobs to do was this:

"Volunteers also help prepare the submissions of
others for publication. This is done using our
volunteer-only "Publish" pages. The Publish process
involves verifying key information about a submission,
assuring that the submission is a legal scan and not
from a proprietary ebook  provider, and either
approving or rejecting the book."

When I asked about that, because it sounded like
something  I'd like to do, I was told that job wasn't
being done by volunteers any more/ Maybe it could be
re-activated, and then we'd get to Jim's touted 3,000
books much more quickly.

Cindy