[bksvol-discuss] Re: Beginning Volunteer Ideas

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 19:46:26 -0400

Concerning all these suggestions for new volunteers, let me remind you that new means new, that is, not quite sure of oneself. When I first began volunteering I was extremely unsure of myself because, for one thing, I had completely taught myself to use a computer at all. It would not have taken much for me to have decided that this was beyond me and quit. In fact, quite some time before I had started volunteering or even before I became a Bookshare subscriber I had visited the site and could not figure it out. I remember asking a question to the support address and I did not even understand the answer. I was fortunate that the first book I chose for proofing was a perfect submission and all I had to do was read it. What I am saying is that when making a suggestion for new volunteers it would be a good idea to be careful that you are not suggesting anything complicated enough to scare anyone off.

"No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says; he is always convinced that it says what he means." - George Bernard Shaw

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com