[bksvol-discuss] Re: Beginning Volunteer Ideas

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 13:19:46 -0400

I could be wrong but I believe Bookshare will already match up new
volunteers with mentors at request. I remember writing to Pavi to tell her
which softwares I use (only Omnipage and Word) at one point when it was
asked if people would be mentors.

I am not much help because I do not use any kind of Braille display or
speech software so I don't know how to help volunteers without sight.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: The Sisterhood of Dropped Stitches by Janet Tronstad