[bksvol-discuss] Re: Becoming a Validator

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 10:57:24 -0700

Have fun & be safe, Chris & Susan. The northeast is so beautiful in
the fall, w/all the autumn colors. I don't know how late into October
you'll be staying but hopefully long enough for Susan to see those. As
for u, fall has many scents & feels which u can enjoy, too, though I
don't believe my favorite, e.g., the smell of burning leaves, is
permitted anymore.

On 7/21/08, Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tomorrow morning, probably relatively early, my wife, dogs and I will pile
> into the Toyota and start driving north.  We will enjoy some visits along
> the Atlantic coast and arrive in the Boston metro area on Friday where we
> will remain until October.
>
> I will have Internet connections at our various stops and, of course, once
> we arrive in the Boston area, will pretty much have WiFi 100% of the time
> that I'm not on a subway.
>
> An old friend and MIT professor has managed to secure some office space for
> me in the Laboratory for artificial intelligence (AI Lab) in Kendall Square,
> Cambridge so I will have a place to sit and geographical coordinates where I
> can easily be found.  So, if any of you happen to pass through the
> intellectual hub of the world, drop me an email and we can get together for
> tea or soup or something else fun.
>
> Space in the Toyota Matrix prevents me from bringing too much with me  so
> the scanner will remain in Florida.  I will provide my volunteer services as
> a validator even though I'm fairly certain that MIT owns a scanner <laugh>.
>
> If anyone wants to chat or have a visit, we're pretty much going directly
> north on I95 so anyone within a few kilometers of the superhighway who would
> enjoy getting together should write to me off-line.
>
> happy Hacking,
> cdh

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride