[bksvol-discuss] Re: Barbara's Request

  • From: "Sharon" <mt281820@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:32:36 -0500

Wow, these are difficult!
First of all, I checked Audible.com. They had the title, but I don't think
the authors are the same; you might want to look though.

In terms of a program that scans Hebrew:
If you Google Logos, they have various books within the Libronics program
that are Hebrew related. They also have the Hebrew fonts, and ability to
print but print only the books I believe. However, if you played with the
fonts, it might be possible for you to magnify them.

Also if you called them, they might have some suggestions.

People in Israel who speak Hebrew all day long hopefully would use something
to scan Hebrew. For those programming people out there, wouldn't all they
need be character sets imported somehow into the OCR package?
There must be ocr packages for different languages out there somewhere.

I wonder if Open Book from Freedom Scientific has such a thing, as Jaws
works with other languages, but I don't know which ones. Worth a call to
Freedom Scientific.
Sharon

Sharon