[bksvol-discuss] Barbara's Request

  • From: Barbara <barbarab65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Book Share <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 00:35:04 -0800 (PST)

    I sent the following e-mail to the wrong group. Therefore, I am resending
it but this time to the right e-mail address:

  Hi,

  I have a request. People at the church that I am going to want to read As a
Driven Leaf by Milton Steinberg. Through Kurzweil, I found a copy of and I
downloaded it. I presume that the book is not in excellent condition because
when I searched for it on the Bookshare website without the use of Kurzweil, I
couldn't find it. I want to know if someone could either rescan it or validate
it for me. I could do either one but obviously not both. If not, I guess, I
could get a copy from Amazon.com for under $5 and have Carrie scan it at the
Bookshare office and then I could validate it. People are starting to read the
book, right now so I want to get it ready as soon as possible. In the past,
there was an audio version available from the publisher but this version is no
longer available. Let me know if anyone is interested in doing this project
with me. My scanner is not capable of scanning old versions of books and I am
not even sure if it would be able to scan the version from
 the library if the printing quality is poor .A

  On another note, I want to learn Hebrew and need a scanning program that
recognizes this language. Does anyone have any ideas? I don't read Braille and
the Hebrew letters are difficult for me to see without magnification.

  FINALLY: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU (Smile)!

Barbara