[bksvol-discuss] Re: Banned Books Week

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 18:15:18 -0500

Hi Melissa and everyone!

When I was in third grade in the early '60's, our teacher read us "Charlotte's Web" each day after the noon recess. I enjoyed it.

I read "Of Mice and Men" as required reading in high school, I think it was, and enjoyed that too.

Another one that was on the list of banned books that I read as required reading in junior high was "The Diary of Anne Frank", which I found engaging.

The other book I want to comment on is "Merriam-Webster Collegiate
Dictionary". I never thought of a dictionary being banned. I enjoy looking up words whenever I had access to a dictionary.

Debby

At 03:00 PM 9/29/2010, Melissa Green wrote
I was surprised to see Charlottes web and of mice and men on that list.

Blessings!
Melissa Green
"Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is
often more important than the outcome."

(Arthur Ashe,