[bksvol-discuss] Re: Banned Books Week

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:04:48 -0500

Hi Jamie and everyone!

The morning announcer on the radio station we listen to has a game called "Impossible Trivia" where people call in to answer the question he asks.

This morning's question was: "This week is banned books week. What book was banned the longest in the United States?"

The answer was "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn", which is in the collection, of course.

The announcer said that when he was in high school he had an English teacher who worked to get banned books read, so the teacher had them read "The Catcher in the Rye" and "To Kill a Mockingbird."

Debby

At 05:52 PM 9/28/2010, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote
I was thinking that first book was probably not an easy scan. Maybe the outsourcers will tackle that one? Any book with all that IM speak is a hard scan. The last one I did I spent a lot of time on and then a PQ version made it into the collection just before mine did.

I am looking for the list of all 460 books that were reported as banned books in 2009. It's just interesting to see what kinds of books are "banned".

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: The Heart Mender by Andy Andrews
Earn cash for answering trivia questions every 3 hours: <http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497>http://instantcashsweepstakes.com/invitations/ref_link/49497

See everything I've read this year at: <http://www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html>www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html

--
                                                mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>