[bksvol-discuss] Re: Back to Mundane Questions

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:57:21 -0500

Hi Lori,

There are two kinds of bullets, small ones and large ones. I checked two books
that have both kinds of bullets in them, one had small ones and one had the
larger ones. They did not appear in the brf versions of the books. Neither one
of them. It seems that the braille translator ignores them, or doesn't
recognize them at all.

As far as tabs go, the Bookshare processing removes them, but I don't recall if
it inserts spaces in their place or not. It didn't used to. I've seen tables of
contents with the titles and page numbers run together because the tabs were
removed and nothing was put in their place. It would probably be best if you
replaced the tabs with spaces, just to be on the safe side.

Evan