[bksvol-discuss] Back at Bookshare!

  • From: Pavi Mehta <pavim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:08:21 -0700

Dear All,

After a wonderful four-month retreat in India  (the primary focus of which was
volunteer work with an eye care organization in Tamil Nadu), I am now back in
the western hemisphere and back at work with Benetech!
I will be working remotely for awhile longer, but will be in the Palo Alto
offices starting the beginning of August. In the time I've been away it has
been such a pleasure and privilege to have Scott Rains on board the volunteer
program, as you have all discovered firsthand he is a terrific asset to the
team.  We are working together during this period and while he will continue to
take the lead on monitoring the Volunteer list at this time, I wanted to stop
back in to say my hellos. The last couple of weeks have been busy coming up to
speed with all that's transpired since I've been gone. Lots of activity in the
volunteer program, a tip of the iceberg view: summer recruitment of in-house
volunteers (who assist with activities like chopping and scanning books),
reaching out and training an initial group of virtual volunteers to do crucial
image descriptions for high school science books, and studying our policy and
processes around PQ books entering the collection and what we can do from our
end to minimize overlapping volunteer effort (we will be sending out an email
announcement on this front in the next couple of weeks)....

Hope this email finds each of you well. It's great to be back in virtual touch
with the community!
With gratitude as always for the valuable work that you each do.

All good things,
Pavi

Pavi MehtaVolunteer Coordinator, Bookshare

Benetech
480 S. California Ave., Suite 201
Palo Alto, CA 94306-1609 USA
Phone:  +1 650 644-3459