[bksvol-discuss] Re: BRF and page numbers - Bookshare.org Friday Update

  • From: "Paula and James Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 14:27:45 -0500

    Yes, thanks to all who are working to find ways to preserve page
numbers. This is a big step in the right direction. It is encouraging to
receive updates on the efforts that are being made, so we are not left
wondering. As Mike said, I hope it will also be possible to address the
issue of chapter titles sometimes being stripped. Both DAISY and BRF files
can be affected, so the loss of chapter titles is not just a problem for
those who read with braille displays.

    Thank you, Jim and Janice, for keeping us informed about the work that
is being done.

Paula Muysenberg