[bksvol-discuss] Re: BRF and page numbers - Bookshare.org Friday Update

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 15:00:38 -0400 (EDT)

Janice and Dave

While I too applaud the step to bring page numbers into the .brf files,
there is more that is needed to make BookShare books totally user
friendly.
For one thing
the stripper often in its work accidentally strips away chapter tiles and
numbers if they're not placed far enough the page.

I very much believe that some form of stripperless file is needed by users
upon occasion.
Perhaps it could be packed as an additional file in the Daisy bunddle.
I don't care how so much it is available, but I would like to be able to
get at it when needed.