[bksvol-discuss] Re: BOOKSHARE.ORG CHECK PAYMENT

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 16:12:19 -0700 (PDT)

Sue,

I wonder of there's something wrong with one of the
post offices in that neck of the woods. Two separate
years I sent a check to a video store in S.F. for a
gift certificate for my daughter for Christmas.
Neither year did it ever clear my bank. The first year
I had my daughter go in and ask, and they knew nothing
about it. The second year I was up there myself and
asked, and again, they knew nothing about it.
Possibly, of course, they received it an never opened
the envelope and threw it out, but I don't know why.
Other stores or places from which I ordered gift
certificates and sent checks got them o.k.

I wonder if bookshare is in a large building that has
a mailroom? Maybe the check got lost there.

At this point I suppose you've figured out that you
can call them and charge your membership--or is that
not possible? OR mail the check directly to Carrie and
she can take it in--unless it's the same post office
problem and she doesn't receive it.

Cindy R