[bksvol-discuss] Re: BOOK ACCEPTANCE

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:46:02 -0500

Dear Meka,

Congratulations on the approval of your first submission. Mayrie and Amber, your great helpers are feeling happy for you right now along with all of us volunteers.

I visualize the Bookshare as a huge print book library with shelves marked Lissi. When my first validation was approved, I imagined one book on that empty Lissi shelf. Now I must be filling up at least my fourth shelf. I can spread my arms wide and know I've helped put more than that width of books in the Bookshare collection. As Bob says, the pleasure of an approval remains intense.

For some of us scanning, validating, or both, have become so addicting, we must force ourselves to limit our volunteering to keep our lives in balance and tend to RL chores in need of attention.

My current queue is full of winners, a history of Ireland, a Lois Meade mystery novel, A memoir by Osama Bin Ladin's sister -in-law, another delightful Junie B Jones first Grader story and a sweeping saga, easy to read and hard to put down, called True Colors about a journalist out to destroy her younger, artist sister. The books are set in Ireland, Spain, England, Iraq and America. This volunteering rocks and rocks and rocks!

Mika, may there be many more approvals in your future and I look forward to reading one of your books.

Always with love,

Lissi
----- Original Message ----- From: "Meka" <mekawh@xxxxxxxxx>