[bksvol-discuss] Re: BAEN BOOKS

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 21:59:11 -0500

Hi Claire,

I think this thread really took off in a big way after Jim's comments last week. I guess we misunderstood what he was saying.

Dave

At 08:28 PM 1/9/2008, you wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Recently the subject of Baen books has shown up on the discussion lists.

The decision regarding Bookshare.org policy regarding Baen books is
this:
Bookshare.org staff will be responsible for coordinating the bulk add of
Baen content to the Bookshare collection.

These books may require some mark up, and to ensure they are done
consistently; we've made the decision to process them in-house.

We ask that our volunteers continue to submit books that they have
personally scanned.

Sincerely,

Claire O'Brien
Collection Development Manager