[bksvol-discuss] Automatically Unpacking Bookshare Files

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 20:20:43 -0400

Hi, Laura Ann. In Firefox, when you go to download a Bookshare file,
you have the choice of opening or saving a file. Before downloading a
file with the .bks extension, use your Jaws cursor to look for a check
box that talks about always performing the same action. Use your slash
on the number pad to do a left mouse click on that check box. Once
it's checked, do a left click on or tab over to the open file radio
button. Choose that, and it will unpack your book. Not only that, but
it will automatically open Bookshare files in the future, unpacking
them to the directory of your choice.  These instructions may work in
Internet Explorer as well. I haven't used IE in over two years now, so
I won't guarantee it. I hope this helps. If anything isn't clear,
please ask on here or message me on Skype.

--
Monica Willyard