[bksvol-discuss] Re: Author with MS doesn't suffer in silence

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:34:56 -0800 (PST)

It does sound like a great book.

I wonder if the author included Roger Smith. For those
of you who are too young to have been fans of 77
Sunset Strip, he was, as IMDB says in his m in
iography (I couldn't remember his last name and so
looked him up) he was handsome and debonair. Then he
was struck with mysathenia gravis. The last time I saw
him he was in a wheel chair at some award ceremony for
his wife, Ann-Margaret. Apparently he turned his
talents from acting to managing her career and her
comeback after she fell from a height and,I think,
broke her back. I was happy to learn that his disease
has stabilized--I guess that just means hasn't become
any worse and he's still living. They've been married
for 40 years, and that was good to hear, too.

G.Cindy

--- "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/health/2007/12/30/2007-12-30_author_with_ms_doesnt_suffer_in_silence-1.html
> BlindNews Mailing List
> Subscribe: BlindNews-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with
> "subscribe" as subject

> "unsubscribe" as subject
>
> Moderator: BlindNews-Moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Archive: http://GeoffAndWen.com/blind
>
> RSS: http://GeoffAndWen.com/BlindNewsRSS.asp
>
> More information about RSS feeds will be published
> shortly.
>

> --
> Release Date: 12/31/2007
> 3:32 PM