[bksvol-discuss] Re: August New York Times bestsellers

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 16:28:50 -0700

Cool! The Ruins by Scott Smith is getting mostly positive reviews as a good
horror read. Smith is the author of A Simple Plan, a book from the early 90's
about a group of people who discover a crashed plane containing millions of
dollars, and the consequences of their decisions regarding the money. Plan was
made into a solid film as well. The Ruins follows the story of tourists in
Mexico who take an excursion to a Mayan ruin to track down one member of their
group.

Scott