[bksvol-discuss] Re: Asking for help!

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 20:46:27 -0600

Robert,  you should not try to get rid of junk character with mass
replacements.  rather,  search for each instance and take the appropriate
action each time.  the backslash  may need to be replaced with something
else.  The oddest thing I have seen was the sequence backshlash slash
backslash slash,  that is \/\/,  which needed to be replaced with a single
W,  which looks a little like them.  Good luck.

Guido

Guido Dante Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
Research Division,
Phone:  512. 838. 9735.
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web:  http://www.ibm.com/able

"robert tweedy" <rtweedy2@xxxxxxx>
12/23/2004 11:59 PM
Please respond to
bksvol-discuss

<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Re: Asking for help!

This is on the subject line of help but just for the heck of it, I had to
start over on a book today that I was doing in open book and just for one
brought what I did so far in the rank spelling from 94% to 97% and was
wondering how to select a junk character, say black slash and get rid of
it.
And another question, for some reason it only installed the Microsoft
voices
which sound like crap and so does Paul and Kate. Where can I get voices
and
what folder do you install them in to sound better?