[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ark books on download list

  • From: "Lori Castner" <loralee.castner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:52:27 -0700

If the person who submitted the book still has the .ark file, the submitter could simply resubmit the book in .rtf format.

I was very happy to validate .ark books and Mike and I did a number of them.

However, there is one book there that has no page showing the title and author and I don't feel comfortable adding them. There is another book with no page showing the authors (although the authors are listed with the stories). I saw the authors of that book listed in different ways in different sources and don'tfeel comfortable determining how the authors should be listed on a title page.

Beyond that some of the books are far too violent for me to validate, and there are issues regarding a coupld of the other books that I don't want to chat about.

But suffice it to say that some of the remaining .ark books do need work.

Personally, I would recommend that Carrie contact the submitters of those books to see if they can be resubmitted in .rtf format.

I have spent this whole week validating a rather tedious book on spirituality and have come upon a chart that is a mangled mess (after reading through 175 pages and adding a page break every other page, so I can't face an .ark file that would need a lot of work for a while.

Cat Lover Lori who has a long history validating .ark files

----- Original Message ----- From: "Laura Ann" <agape.wellness.massage@xxxxxxxxx>