[bksvol-discuss] Are you really brave?

  • From: The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:48:24 -0400

If one of you members is really brave, here is a real challenge. I just submitted "Some Came Running" by James Jones. The same guy who wrote "From Here To Eternity" .
It should be a hard long validation. Only 1200 pages, and has thousands of contractions and dialect words. In fact some of the apostrophes are left out. This was not a scanning error as it was confirmed by visual examination. It sounds like a fairly interesting story, although I would not have scanned this one either except it was on the wish list and is probably someone's required reading. Kurzweil gives it a 99.55 rating and the junk characters have been removed, but I didn't have enough energy to strip all those headers.. And by the way, all the pages are there..

I apologize if I offended anyone with the tongue implant. I don't really have a silver unicorn in my tongue, They were all out of stock.
Jim