[bksvol-discuss] Re: Are volunteers really that important anymore?

  • From: Emily Harrison <greeniebone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 23:51:26 -0500

Maybe I'm just idealistic, but I think that as long as volunteers care about
what they're doing, there will ALWAYS be a place for volunteers in
Bookshare.  Who really cares what the ratio of volunteer scans is to
outsourced scans?  Why would such a ratio make what we all do here obsolete
and useless?  As long as someone enjoys the books I work on, I'll never feel
unnecessary.

P.S.--I am not print disabled, so I am volunteering for the sake of it, not
to enrich my own reading experiences.

--
Emily Harrison
greeniebone@xxxxxxxxx