[bksvol-discuss] Re: Approved & Uploaded

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:21:15 -0700 (PDT)

I understand, Pat. I don't remember how long you've
been on the list, but the person to whom I was
referring doesn't read the list. She's a submitter who
doesn't much care about getting her books in any kind
of shape before submitting them, and she's been the
object of much past discussion--and efforts to get her
to be a little more careful about her submissions --
at least to be sure all pages are there and not
duplicated, and that sentences are complete  and not
divided, with parts of them scattered throughout the
page. One of her friends did get very upset when her
name was mentioned here, but even that friend, and I
through that friend, have tried to persuade her to be
more careful, even pointing out that if her books are
rejected she won't get credit--but she doesn't care.

I've downloaded several of her books which languished
on the download ls it for from 9 months to a year.
Many people just reject them, and I did reject one,
but if I enjoy reading the story, and I think others
will, I'll spend the time to clean it up rather than
reject it and hope that someone else will scan it. To
my mind, scanning and then validating, and then having
someone validate, would probably take  as much time as
if I just validated.

Oh -- to tell you the truth, I don't remember the name
of the person, but she does put her name to her
books--and she did submit them as txt --also put just
the word Romance in the short synopsis.  I'm not even
sure she's still submitting.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs