[bksvol-discuss] Approved & Uploaded

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 20:41:17 -0700 (PDT)

I've just approved and uploaded Just Imagine,  by
Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Set shortly after the Civil
War, first in New York and then mostly in South
Carolina, it is a romance of the
battle-betwen-the-sexes-ending -in-love genre. It was
submitted by  you-know-who and so took a lot of
correcting, but I enjoyed the book and so didn't mind
at all. I was rather sorry to see it end.

Because there are some explicit sex scenes, I rated in
Adult. However, as a parent, I would let my  teenagers
15 or 16 and up,  read it for several reasons. I think
the sex scenes provide a good education and might keep
teenage girls for falling for teenage boys' lines
influence them to wait-- and it might help boys to
know how to give and not just take. Also, the book
tells  about the effects of the Civil War and
Reconstruction on the South, and also some of the
awful things that happened to slaves before the war
and the lasting emotional effects on the freed slaves.
Everything is personal--we care about the characters,
and so the events related have more power, I think,
than just reading about them in history books.

Cindy

P.S. While I was uploaded, I was disconnected--so I
repeated the process when I was re-connected. Thus
it's possible that the book was uploaded twice. I
don't know how far, if at all, it got the first time.
It was still on my step two page, though, so maybe it
didn't go the first time.

http://mail.yahoo.com