[bksvol-discuss] Re: Approval queue

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 13:56:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sue,

Yes, the approval queue is huge. It's the end of the quarter so the outsourcers
are trying to get all their books in, in order to be paid for them. And of
course, since it's the beginning of the school year, we have had a large number
of requests for textbooks, from both K-12 and adult students. I'm chopping and
scanning all the books that arrive each day, so that the books go to the
outsourcers pronto. I'm trying to get to the books in the approval queue from
volunteers first, before the outsourcers, and also to the bestsellers and
student requests. And I'm testing a new feature that will be released in
another month or two. (Sorry, I can't say what it is, just giving you a little
teaser! :-))

I'll tackle the approval queue this weekend (tomorrow, I focus on the new
bestsellers).

Carrie