[bksvol-discuss] Re: Appropriate subject lines

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:26:40 -0700 (PDT)

I do use the subject to sort of determine if I want to delete a message before
reading, but I also scan quickly scan the  the list of messages themselves
which contain info in the first line or two about the message. I don't know if
blind people can do that,  though.

TinyURL.com/752cyrs

 the first place if you had not been interested in the topic, but you have to
draw the line somewhere. My suggestion would be to give it some thought and
decide which email lists are the least valuable. One criterion can very well be
how much topic drift there is in a specific list. You might also want to
consider which ones have the most off topic messages too. But then cut some.
Unsubscribe to something. Then you will have the time to read the email you do
get. Telling everyone to change the subject line to reflect the topic of the
thread, though, is, again, an exercise in herding cats.