[bksvol-discuss] Apostrophes and a question

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:03:54 -0400

Interesting about the apostrophes being used as quotes in the print books.
I still find it very irritating to read a book like that, though, as my
screen reader wants to read them thus truly breaking up the flow of the
book, and I have my set to not read punctuation.  I think it's just such an
unusual use of an apostrophe, the screen reader doesn't know how to
interpret it?

Anyway, my question is about blank lines at the top of each page.  I know.
I should have paid more attention to all those thousands of posts on page
numbering.  In this book, the page numbers are at the bottom of the page.  I
stripped out the headers at the top of each page and now there is one blank
line before the first line of text.  Is that enough to protect the first
line of text from the BookShare stripper?

Donna, just trying to avoid inappropriate stripping.