[bksvol-discuss] Re: Anyone getting emails when books are approved?

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, volunteer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 21:50:57 -0400

Speaking of books languishing on the approval queue, and I am copying this to the volunteer email address so that I can be sure to get an answer from someone who might actually know the answer, a strange thing happened to one of my scans. Quite some time back I submitted The Assassination of Malcolm X. A proofreader eventually took it and apparently I left him with more problems in it than I thought. He uploaded it a number of times and Madeleine kept bouncing it back to the checkout list with a hold on it for him asking that various problems be corrected. Finally, he had one little problem to correct and he did it fairly quickly and uploaded it again. However, after he uploaded it that last time it was after Madeleine left us. Then in a day or so it appeared on the approval queue with a hold for Madeleine followed by a hold for the proofreader followed by the title and it has been sitting there since. First, I am a bit curious about how it could be held for Madeleine after she left Bookshare. I am wondering if she stuck around a bit longer than she said that she would to tie up some work she was in the middle of. Second, I am kind of wondering if my book is sitting on the approval queue with a hold on it for someone who will never be around to approve it. I forget how long it has been waiting, but it has been since shortly after Madeleine left us. Does anyone have any ideas?

On 3/21/2016 1:06 AM, Valerie Maples wrote:

I got an email on one approved this week and another maybe two weeks ago. Sorry you are not getting them and I don’t religiously track mine, but the one a few weeks ago was on the approval queue probably almost a month…

Valerie Maples

I talk, computer types, we both make mistakes. ;-)

On Mar 20, 2016, at 9:26 PM, Judy s. <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Has anyone gotten an email saying a book they submitted or proofread was approved in the last week or so?

I had a book I proofread approved yesterday, but didn't get an email saying so. This is the second book that I've had this happen with since the Bookshare site starting having other problems for us volunteers.

--
Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>