[bksvol-discuss] Any of you sighted folks up for picture descriptions?

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 17:14:34 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I have just submitted "Mother India's Children: Meeting Today's Generation in India," by Edward Rice. Though it was written over thirty-five years ago, it is a very interesting portrait of young people in India at the time it was published. The book is about 180 pages long, but there are many photographs in the book. Though the text stands alone very very well, I thought the book might be even more interesting if descriptions of the photographs were available. I've done all of my usual work on the book, as well as having read it from cover to cover. Is any of you sighted folks interested in doing picture descriptions? If you are, but can't get the book from your library, I'd be happy to send you either scans of all pages containing no text, or the book itself to work from.

And as I said, the picture descriptions are absolutely not necessary to make the book very very readable, interesting, and informative. So, if nobody's interested in doing picture descriptions, the book could be put into the collection as it is after validation. Any takers for picture descriptions?

Peace,
Mayrie