[bksvol-discuss] Any key?

  • From: "Paula and James Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bksvol" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:16:17 -0500

    I recently found out that when K1000 says "Press any key", it doesn't
necessarily mean "any key". In the midst of trying to validate a book, while
still fighting a stubborn cold, I accidentally hit the Erase Page key. K1000
said, "Press any key to cancel." I hit an arrow key, and everything seemed
fine, so I continued reading. I know, I should have hit Escape, but I admit
I wasn't thinking clearly.

    I then came across a spot in the book where I needed to insert a blank
line, so I positioned the cursor at the beginning of the line, and hit
Enter. K1k immediately announced, :Page erased." By the time this happened,
I had pressed three or four keys, but evidently none was the "any key"
needed to cancel the Erase Page operation. After a few seconds of panic, I
exited without saving, so all was well.

    In looking back at the manual, I don't see any warning that certain keys
don't qualify as "any key". I did, however, learn that if I press the wrong
"any key" again, I can use Shift-Erase Page, to get my page back. I had
forgotten about this keystroke, but I will certainly keep it in mind for the
future!

Paula