[bksvol-discuss] Re: Any easy way in Word to convert book submitted as two-column rtf ?

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 13:10:25 -0400

What I think Judy has, and what I do, is scan two pages in one page mode. I
started doing this because if I scan in two page mode and a page is very
short, like the last page of a chapter, Omnipage tends to want to just skip
that page for some reason. So I started scanning two pages in one page mode,
and then Omnipage puts this nifty little column break in instead of a page
break. This sounds to me like what Judy is encountering. If it is, then it
should be easily replaced by replacing all ^n (a word column break) with the
^p^m^p (space page break space).

If not then she's got a different kind of animal.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Fantasy in Death by J.D. Robb