[bksvol-discuss] Any Way to Stay in Native Format?

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 07:13:54 -0700

I was going to send this to the K1000 list, but my question is more general
than that.

When in Word, or K1000, and presumably in most other programs, when I save in a
nonnative format using the Save As option, the program puts me in that file.
For example, when I use Save As in K1000 or Word to save a file in rtf that I
am working on in doc or kes, it puts me in the rtf file.  Is there any way I
can use the Save As feature to make an rtf copy in Word or K1000 - my initial
question is mainly regarding K1000 - so I can periodically save an rtf copy
while not leaving the doc or kes file I started in?  I would really prefer this
if I can do it.  I especially want to be able to edit a kes file, saving a copy
in rtf for Bookshare, while staying in the kes file.  If there is a setting for
this somewhere, I imagine it would be a Windows setting, since this happens in
more than one program.  But if not, could someone tell me how to change this in
K1000, or Word, or both?  Or is this an impossible request, reasonable as it
sounds to me?

Thanks for any helpful advice.