[bksvol-discuss] Another submission

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 19:29:51 -0500

I also submitted White Mare's Daughter, which is the sequel to Lady of Horses,
by Judith Tarr. As usual, page breaks and chapter headings have been protected.
Headers and common scannos have been removed. Here is a synopsis.

Among
the nomadic White Horse tribe, tomboyish Sarama is the servant of the White
Mare, the incarnation of the Horse Goddess. Because of her station, Sarama
is allowed freedom denied to women of the White Horse, but she never feels
truly comfortable in the tribe. So when the Goddess wills her to seek out the
legendary civilization where women are rumored to be kings, Sarama is relieved
to follow her duty. Her quest brings her to the western land held by the
Lady (another representation of the Goddess), a place that has never seen a man
in power, a horseAor war. Sarama soon realizes that her destiny is to teach
this peaceful society to fight against the inevitable advancement of the
tribes. But she doesn't know that it will be her twin brother, Agni, who will
lead the invasion.

Shannon

I am only one; but still I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do
something. And, because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the
something I can do.
Everet Edward Hale