[bksvol-discuss] Re: Another question about K's ranked spelling

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:34:53 -0800 (PST)

Julie,

Thanks for your answers. That explains why a book can
be rated 99.7, excellent, and yet when people read it
they can have difficulties--spaces dividing words that
should not be divided, missing pages, scannos that are
not mis-spelled words but are the wrong word for the
context (e.g., correct instead of connect). And that's
why my personal opinion is that books should perhaps
be released before being rejected -- and why,if the
person is here on the list, he/she should say why
he/she released it, as Cheryl did with the reason she
rejected it.  If the scan is good otherwise, i.e., the
text that is there is good without a lot of
mis-spellings, that someone who'd like to read it,
sighted or not, could find those errors and fix them
easily and quickly. Rescanning even with K1000 would
put back up the same problems, I would think.

JMO

Cindy