[bksvol-discuss] Re: Another in the collection.

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 10:18:31 EDT

Personally, I don't really see the point of announcing to the entire list
that a book has entered the collection. It seems to me that the new books
list is sufficient for those who are interested in that.

                  "If you don't stand for something you will fall for
anything.
" Malcolm X

http://www.pathfinderpress.com
Granma International: http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
                 _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Another in the collection.
Date:
10/28/2009 12:29:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I proofread one of Jamie in MI's scans, The Killer Bear (Sugar Creek
Gang #2) by Paul Hutchens, and it is now in the collection.

I don't remember who it is that dislikes us returning the notification
with the info to the list, but I can tell you in my case it is because
I have arthritis and severe dyslexia, and that is MUCH easier for me
that way.  Not to mention I do not touch type.  Replying this way
takes me at least five minutes longer, and since I get over  400
emails a day, that is time I could spend otherwise.  Add in I am a
full-time caregiver to two total care people, and my time is
precious.  However, the last thing I want to do is annoy other
volunteers.

Humbly,
Valerie