[bksvol-discuss] Re: Another credit "complaint" WAS: is this fair?

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 16:08:27 -0700

Hi Charisma,

I'm really sorry that you went to so much effort.  When you make a book
quality report, reporting every single error is by no means required, or
even expected.  And it's sad that you did the work, because, once a book
quality report is made, if a copy of the book can be located by Bookshare
staff, it will be procured and then rescanned, and reproofread.  I'm again,
really sorry that you understood reporting book quality issues to be as in
depth as you did.  Simply giving a couple of examples and stating that they
continue throughout the book is sufficient for making a book quality report.
Of course, the better info you can give as to nature and location within the
book of the errors is helpful, but not necessary.  If you can site five or
so instances, that is more than sufficient.  Thanks for being so thorough.
What you did was to help the staff member understand the true inadequacy of
the book you reported on and we are thankful for your work.  Just in future,
know that book quality reports needn't be a complete or even partial
proofreading attempt.

Mayrie

  _____