[bksvol-discuss] Re: Another credit "complaint" WAS: is this fair?

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 17:59:10 -0700

Hi Charisma,

I don't know the exact protocol for a book being rescanned.  Minimal errors
are, unfortunately, to be expected.  However, with your book missing all of
its apostrophes, I'd definitely report that.  That's a big deal, in my
opinion.  You could say something like what you said here, and note the
other kinds of errors present in the book.  For example, the apostrophe
thing you mentioned, and then add that perhaps paragraphs are run together,
or the word "the" often is interpreted as "die".  Whatever the recurring
issues are, but in short, without siting the exact location and instance of
every single error.  Just give an idea of the kind of problems the book has.

Not all books are rescanned, to answer your question.  Some are just
reproofread to fix the errors if that is the more sensible thing to do.  It
really depends on the kind, severity, and frequency of errors in any given
book receiving a book quality report.  Let's just say that your quality
reports are taken seriously, and then the best solution that will result in
an excellent copy are taken to get that excellent copy into the collection.

Mayrie