[bksvol-discuss] Re: Another Word Quirk

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:43:02 -0400

That window is called the task pane. If it is not currently showing and you
wanted to be able to use it, it can open with control C twice. Otherwise, if it
is showing and you want to disable it, you move the focus to it by pushing F6.
Once in the task pane, you can tab to the options button, and activate it by
pushing space. Now arrow down to show office clipboard automatically. At least
with JAWS the check does not always get announced, so you may have to arrow up
and down once, or give the say line command. It seems to be inconsistent with
me. Anyways, you uncheck it by pushing enter. Now you can close the task pane
with alt F4. Also, I believe these changes may not take affect until you close
word entirely and then reopen it.
I believe that'll solve your problems, but if not feel free to ask further.
Tiff
tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx