[bksvol-discuss] Re: Another Word Quirk

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:06:12 -0400

Yes, you could in the past, though I forget how. With Windows XP you can now
place up to twelve things in the clipboard, and if you go to place a
thirteenth thing it will replace the first thing which chronologically
appeared in the list. This little box which people are mentioning problems
with is called the task pane, and it lists all twelve of your clipboard
items.
For a sighted user, I could most definitely see a good use for having this
clipboard visible-especially when editing long papers and changing the
orders in which items appear. As a blind person however, I find it often
gets in the way of both major screenreaders, and is just as easy to leave
disabled.
If you need instructions on disabling the bugger, I have just sent them in
another post.
Tiffany