[bksvol-discuss] Re: Another Validation Dilemma

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:09:01 -0700

I wouldn't go back and redo the ones you've already done. It's better to have them in whatever form than not to have them at all.

Previously my OpenBook, and now my K1000 tends to recognize those numbers not as superscripts, but simply as regular numbers. I leave them as they are, because at first I didn't know how to make superscripts in Word, and then when I did learn, I found that the command is a toggle that doesn't seem to always toggle off in my experience. I used to have to write lab reports with super- and subscripts in them, and I would swear I turned off the function after turning it on, but I later found out that it didn't always turn off. So I now just leave the numbers as regular, and if the voice says a number after the sentence, then hopefully people will know that it refers to an endnote. Also, I'm not sure how, or whether, the braille translator will handle superscript numbers anyhow, and I prefer to be on the safe side and make sure that the numbers are clearly there for all readers.

Thanks for being so conscientious about this.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max G. Swanson" <mswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx>